Three Cheese Khachapuri
This traditional and popular oval-shaped Georgian dish can be filled with various ingredients, is similar to a Turkish pide or pizza. Store-bought pizza dough makes it easy.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Makes: 6
- Cook time: 30 min
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 (12 oz / 750 g each) pizza doughs
- (12 oz / 750 g each) pizza doughs
- 1 cup / 250 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 8 Island Gold Free Range eggs, divided
- Island Gold Free Range eggs, divided
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml chopped fresh parsley
- chopped fresh parsley
- Pinch cracked pepper
- cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 200°F.
- Divide each ball of dough into 3 portions. Roll each portion into 9-inch round; roll two opposite sides toward centre to make boatlike shape. Pinch end corners together. Transfer khachapuri to two large parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
- In bowl, combine feta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese; divide cheese mixture evenly among khachapuri.
- In small bowl, beat 2 eggs lightly; brush over dough. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until dough is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove from oven; crack 1 egg onto each khachapuri. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg whites are set. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with pepper.
- Cooked and crumbled Italian sausage or vegetables can be added if desired.