Peaches & Cream Cheesecake
This cheesecake celebrates peaches at the height of their season, but the basic recipe is delicious topped with any seasonal fruit or preserves you like.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Makes: 16 servings
- Cook time: 40-45 min
- Calories 430
- Fat 30 g
- Saturated Fat 16 g
- Cholesterol 135 mg
- Carbohydrate 36 g
- Fibre 1 g
- Sugars 29 g
- Protein 7 g
- Sodium 330 mg
- Potassium* 200 g
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 cup / 500 ml graham wafer crumbs
- graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml butter, melted
- butter, melted
- 4 package / 1 kg brick-style cream cheese, softened
- brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup / 250 ml granulated sugar
- granulated sugar
- 4 Island Gold Free Run Omega-3 shell eggs
- Island Gold Free Run Omega-3 shell eggs
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml vanilla extract
- vanilla extract
- 5 large, ripe peaches
- large, ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml lemon juice
- lemon juice
- 2/3 cup / 150 ml apricot jam
- apricot jam
- For crust: combine crumbs and butter. Press evenly into bottom of 13 x 9” (33 x 23 cm) baking pan. Bake at 350°F (180°C) 10 minutes.
- For filling: beat cream cheese and sugar until very smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat just until uniformly combined (do not over-mix). Pour over crumb crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly puffed around edges but still a little jiggly in centre. Cool to room temperature. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until set. (Cheesecake can be prepared up to this point and held in refrigerator for up to 3 days.)
- For topping: to peel peaches, pour boiling water over peaches in a bowl. Drain and add cold water until cool enough to handle; drain well. Slip off skins; slice peaches thinly. Toss with lemon juice. Arrange over cheesecake. Melt jam in saucepan or microwave; brush over peaches. Cut into squares to serve.
- To make entirely ahead, or if serving over a couple of days, toss peaches with lemon juice and apricot jam and reserve separately. Spoon peaches over individual portions to serve.
- When out of season, replace fresh peaches with 4 cups/1 L well-drained, canned sliced peaches.