Grilled Peach, Apricot and Sweet Ricotta Layered Bread Pudding
Sweet and zesty, the perfect breakfast treat or a delightful after-dinner dessert.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Makes: 4
- Cook time: 20 min
- Calories 560
- Fat 28 g
- Saturated Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 150 mg
- Carbohydrate 86 g
- Fibre 4 g
- Sugars 53 g
- Protein 19 g
- Sodium 480 mg
- Potassium* 470 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 Island Gold shell eggs, large
- Island Gold shell eggs, large
- 2 tsp / 5 ml vanilla
- 1 tsp / 2.5 ml cinnamon
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml 18% cream
- 18% cream
- 1 cup / 250 ml buttermilk
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml sugar, divided
- sugar, divided
- 2 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml vegetable oil
- vegetable oil
- 1 small loaf unsliced egg bread or brioche
- small loaf unsliced egg bread or brioche
- 1 cup / 250 ml ricotta
- 1/4 cup / 85 g chopped pecans
- chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml honey or maple syrup
- honey or maple syrup
- Mix egg, vanilla, cinnamon, cream, buttermilk and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Mix remaining sugar with ricotta and set aside.
- Toss peach and apricot in oil and place on the grill at 350⁰F for approximately six minutes. Remove and keep warm under aluminum foil.
- Place six 2-inch slices of bread on grill until lightly toasted on both sides. Dip each slice into egg mixture to absorb the liquid, then remove using a slotted turner while letting any excess drain.
- Place back on the grill and cook until both sides are grilled. Remove and cut bread slices in half to make triangles.
- Divide among plates and layer each serving with ricotta mixture. Finish off by garnishing with chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey.