Florentine Baked Egg Casserole
This easy casserole combines pantry staples to make a hearty dinner.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Makes: 5
- Cook time: 40-45 min
- Calories 152
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 77 mg
- Carbohydrate 11 g
- Fibre 2 g
- Protein 13 g
- Potassium* 327 mg
- Calcium 125 mg
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 1 cup / 250 ml tomato or pasta sauce
- tomato or pasta sauce
- 1 package / 300 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml light ricotta cheese
- light ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp / 5 ml grated lemon rind
- grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml each salt and pepper, divided
- each salt and pepper, divided
- 8 Island Gold Free Run shell eggs, large
- Island Gold Free Run shell eggs, large
- Spread tomato sauce evenly in bottom of 9" (23 cm) square or 11" x 7" (28 cm x 18 cm) baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, lemon rind and half the salt and pepper. Spoon mixture evenly over tomato sauce.
- Whisk eggs with oregano and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over spinach layer. Bake at 350°F (180°C) 40-45 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Check ingredient list on tomato or pasta sauce to make sure it is gluten-free.