These moist and chewy brownies have always been a Hudson family holiday favourite.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Makes: 16
- Cook time: 20-25 min
*Some ingredients used in the analysis do not provide potassium information, so the potassium mg per serving may be undervalued.
- 2 cups / 500 ml brown sugar
- brown sugar
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml butter
- 2 Island Gold Free Run Omega 3 shell eggs, beaten
- Island Gold Free Run Omega 3 shell eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp / 5 ml vanilla
- 2 cups / 500 ml flour
- 2 tsp / 10 ml baking powder
- baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml chopped walnuts
- chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
- Melt brown sugar and butter over low heat and then gently boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, add the chopped walnuts and mix thoroughly but gently. Spread in greased pan.
- Bake approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack, cut in squares and serve.
- Pierce brownies with a toothpick – when it comes out ‘clean’ the brownies are done.
- Line your pan with parchment paper. It will ease the lifting, cutting and serving.
- They taste delicious without the walnuts for those with a nut sensitivity.